Many gardens are organized around the house in a random fashion, according to desires and planting opportunities, but sometimes with lack of taste. Professionals offer tips and ideas for arranging your garden layout in accordance with the rules of landscaping.
The basic principles for a successful garden design
Before any landscaping design, restructuring or garden makeover, it is necessary to identify not only your needs and desires but also the strengths and weaknesses of the land to be developed. Here are some basic rules applied by landscapers, to understand the interactions between garden landscaping and the environment. With terreautage de gazon you can have the best usages now.
Harmonize the building and the garden: choice of a garden style, an atmosphere, and colors matching the elements present. Remember that the garden is an extension of your home. Adapt the content of the garden according to needs: vegetable garden, wood stock, playground, parking, garden shed.
Deal with the environment: view to clear, defect to camouflage, plant cover present. The goal is to perfectly integrate the development into its immediate environment.
Create functional spaces: reception area, rest area, technical area. This differentiation contributes on the one hand to a better management of the space and on the other hand to an optimized layout of the elements of the garden.
Know the town planning rules in force in the municipalities. Small reminder of the civil code on planting distances: plants greater than 2 meters must be planted at a minimum distance of 2 meters from the neighboring property. Trees and shrubs smaller than 2 meters must be planted at a minimum distance of 0.5 meters from the neighboring property.
A vegetal setting for a dream garden
The organization of an outdoor space must be thought through to match the needs and desires of its users as closely as possible. It is therefore a question of creating a place of life in harmony with the building and its occupants. Landscapers therefore offer garden landscaping ideas according to 5 elementary design principles:
- Define a plant framework: hedge, isolated tree, shrub bed, perennial bed. These elements give the garden its own identity and enhance the volume of plants.
- Play with the volumes and colors of plants: sobriety, star plant, warm or cold shade. Use of colors which push back the depths and enlarge the space, in particular for the arrangement of a small garden.
- Balancing the visual aspect according to the seasons: creation of an evolving plant framework by staggering the flowering of shrubs and flowers.
- Associate inert materials with plants: find the right proportions between circulation, terrace, and shrub beds. The unity between elements plays a major role in the design of a garden.
- Minimize the maintenance time of the garden for example by the choice of a practical form of bed for the passage of mower. The choice of techniques turns out to be elementary to judiciously combine the maintenance and the availability of the future gardener.
A successful garden certainly requires a beautiful aesthetic appearance, but also an ease of maintenance which allows the garden to keep a beautiful appearance with little effort. In-depth reflection in this direction is therefore essential when creating the garden plan.